The Scottsdale Plaza Resort Salon and Day Spa are seeking dependable sales associates to work 10-20 hours per week. Job requirements include excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, sales experience, willingness to work as a team, phone skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Pay is $11 per hour plus membership commissions.
The ideal candidate for this position
A Spa Associate should have a background in retail or membership sales and have a strong client-service background. This position is vital with respect to client services and membership sales. Thus, Spa Associates must be enthusiastic, energetic, detail oriented, and highly trainable and communicative. The success of our spa is a team effort and spa associates need to be positive, respectful and encouraging to all members of the SPR Salon and Day Spa team.
What you will be doing
- Possesses a minimum of basic knowledge of computers—with respect to functionality—and word processing and basic typing skills.
- Ability to learn our software system and how to utilize its functions.
- Books appointments on the phone and in person
- Greets all clients warmly and energetically according the SPR Salon and Day Spa system.
- Confirms client service at time of their check-in
- Understands and properly utilizes the Client Intake Form information.
- Accepts payments.
- Displays knowledge of all spa services, products, and policies (must know menu and services).
- Educates clients with respect to spa services, products, and policies.
- Attends and participates in all general and team meetings.
- Maintains a polished and professional image.
- Adheres to dress code.
- Answers the telephone professionally (Thank you for calling The Scottsdale Plaza Resort Salon and Spa, this is _______, how may I help you?) and keeps records of messages.
- Checks voice mail every morning and throughout the day.
- Addresses and return all calls the same day that the call was received.
- Maintains a neat and attractive working area, free of food, beverages and personal items.
- Provides courteous spa tours.
- Sells memberships, gift cards and upgraded service. (Commission and bonus opportunities)
- Uses extensive retail product knowledge to recommend products when estheticians are not available. (Commission rates apply)
- Participate in contests to reach spa goals and team goals.
- Makes each client’s visit as simple and pleasant as possible, ensuring that each client is aware of where they are going and with whom.
- Notifies Spa Manager of either broken or malfunction of equipment/tools.
- Notifies Spa Manager if running low on supplies.
- Hourly wage plus retail commission
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Generous employee and family discounts on spa services and products
- Rewarding and fun team environment
- Growth and leadership opportunities