The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is looking for guest-oriented, professional servers to join our renovated Cabana Pool team include brand new private cabana service! The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to exceed guest expectations, create a second-to-none ambiance, and work well in a team environment. We are not looking for order takers - this candidate will know how to create an experience by utilizing their product and service knowledge to communicate and properly serve our guests.
What you will be doing
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serve patrons with food and beverage in a positive and friendly manner.
- Provide information to help patrons choose food and beverage selections.
- Present ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintain dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Prepare rooms and tables for dining based on standards of service requirements set my management.
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitization, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Help patrons select menu items by identifying pairings and answering food preparation questions.
- Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices and identifying special dietary needs and special requests.
- Inform kitchen staff of meal progression and timing.
- Pick-up and delivery patron orders from the bar and kitchen with accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Respond to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintain table settings by removing completed courses, replenish utensils, refill water glasses, and being alert to other patron needs.
- Conclude dining experience by acknowledging the patrons and inviting them to return.
- Obtain revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, and accepting payments. Return change, credit cards, and signature slips to patrons respectfully.
- Perform in varied weather conditions including extreme heat.
The ideal candidate for this position
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Food Handler's Card
- Alcohol Service Training
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Professional customer service skills
- Conflict resolution ability
- Positive energy level
- Detail focused and thorough
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer